Links · Books
Frank feelings from the faraway.
- The Library of Congress Catalogs will give you an idea of what may be available at your local library or through interlibrary loan.
- Complete listings for Georgia O'Keeffe at Amazon Books includes the following titles:
- Some memories of drawings by Georgia O'Keeffe. Doris Bry (Editor) LC Call No.: NC139.O45 A45 Hardcover - 107 pages (September 1988) University of New Mexico Press; ISBN: 082631113X
20 exquisitely produced full-page plates with comments on each of the works by O'Keeffe.
- Georgia O'Keeffe : Catalogue Raisonne by Barbara Buhler Lynes, Georgia O'Keeffe. Hardcover: 1200 pages Yale Univ Pr; ISBN: 0300081766; Slipcase edition (December 1, 1999) "To give an impression of the scope of this two-volume boxed set, here is a sentence from the preface by Barbara Buhler Lynes: 'The catalogue reproduces and describes 2,045 objects, made by O'Keeffe between 1901 [when she was 14] and 1984.'"
- The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum by Peter H. Hassrick (Editor), Lisa Mintz Messinger, Barbara Novak, Barbara Rose Hardcover - 144 pages (September 1997) Harry N Abrams; ISBN: 0810936852.
Providing a remarkable virtual tour through the museum, this beautiful clothbound volume with French folded jacket features essays by leading art writers such as Barbara Rose and Mark Stevens, and a new, thorough chronology by Charles Eldredge. Included in the 86 full-color images and 4 lavish gatefolds are many works that have never been reproduced before, which are complemented throughout by black-and-white photographs documenting the extraordinary life of this courageous, inventive artist.
- O'Keeffe's O'Keeffes: The Artist's Collection by Barbara Buhler Lynes, Russell Bowman, Georgia O'Keeffe. Hardcover: 160 pages;
Publisher: Thames & Hudson; ISBN: 0500092990; (May 8, 2001). "This volume was published to accompany a traveling exhibition of the same name organized jointly by the Milwaukee Art Museum and the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum." Illustrated with sevent-five beautiful color plates.
- Intimate Landscapes : The Canyon Suite of Georgia O'Keeffe by Dana Self. Hardcover - 80 pages (September 1997) Universe Pub; ISBN: 0789300826
The 28 recently discovered watercolors featured in Intimate Landscapes were created by a twentysomething Georgia O'Keeffe when she first moved to the American Southwest to teach art. Accompanying the paintings are excerpts from O'Keeffe's letters and writings, as well as musings by such luminaries as Willa Cather and Wassily Kandinsky.
- Georgia O'Keeffe: The Poetry of Things by Elizabeth Hutton Turner, Hardcover - 160 pages (April 1999) Yale Univ Pr; ISBN: 0300079354 "Georgia O'Keeffe's extraordinary still-life paintings-of apples, leaves, flowers, shells, trees, rocks, crosses, bones, and doors-reinvented the genre through a new language of color and form that synthesized Eastern thought and a Western style of painting."
- Georgia O'Keefe: American and Modern by Charles C. Eldredge. Paperback: 226 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.80 x 11.34 x 9.53 Publisher: Yale Univ Pr; ISBN: 0300055811; (March 1996) "Rich reproductions of Georgia O'Keefe's works highlight this in-depth examination of the artist's life, including her place in the American tradition and her return to the rural subjects of her childhood."
- Georgia O'Keeffe (World of Art) by Lisa Mintz Messinger, Georgia O'Keeffe. Paperback: 192 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.55 x 8.24 x 5.96 Publisher: Thames & Hudson; ISBN: 0500203407; (June 25, 2001) "Selected, designed, and supervised by the artist herself, this is the definitive work on Georgia O'Keeffe's work. Includes 108 full-color plates, some never reproduced elsewhere or publicly shown."
- Portrait of an Artist : A Biography of Georgia O'Keeffe
by Laurie Lisle. Paperback: 512 pages, Washington Square Pr; ISBN: 0671016660 "O'Keeffe's personal mystique is as intriguing and enduring as her bold, brilliant canvases. Here is the first full account of her exceptional life..."
- Georgia O'Keeffe by Linda Lowery, (On My Own Biographies) Rochelle Draper (Illustrator) Reading level: Ages 4-8 Library Binding - 47 pages (June 1996) Carolrhoda Books; ISBN: 0876148607