Links · Books
(a.k.a. Lalleshwari, Laldyada, Lal Ded, Lal DiDi, Mai Lal Diddi)
A Grandmother of Kashmir who sings the Naked Truth.
- Lal Ded's Vakhs (verses) Many English translations of the poetry of Lalleshwari with commentary, intro with more bibliography, and several articles. Directory. Brought to you by the Kashmiri Overseas Association.
(Also at http://koausa.org/Saints/LalDed/index.html)
(Also at http://www.ikashmir.org/Saints/LalDed/index.html, which includes some other additions.)
- Lal-Vakh: Wise Sayings of Lalleshwari. A Virendra Qazi Presentation from the Lalleshwari International Trust. Singer: Arti (Tiku) Kaul, Listen to clips, download musical arrangements of Lalleshwari's songs. Recorded at Sound on Sound Studio, Calcutta.
- Gems Of Kashmir contains a short biography as well as translations of several verses by G. Grierson and R.C. Temple.
- Lalleshwari (Lal Ded) A short biography and translations of six verses from Saffron Valley.
- Lalla, a page from the site Other Women's Voices, contains translations quoted from Coleman Barks' translations as well as those of B.N. Parimoo, and some webliography and bibliography.
- Daniel Odier translated a poem by Lalla on his website for Kashmir tantric shaïvism.
- Lal Ded mentioned in Prominent Poets of Kashmir
- Laldyada, 14th cent., Naked song / Lalla ; translations by Coleman Barks. Athens, GA : Maypop Books, c1992.
LC Call No.: PK7035.L3N35 1992 Dewey No.: 891/.499 20 ISBN: 0961891645
- Lalla-Vakyani, or The Wise Sayings of Lal Ded, a Mystic Poetess of Ancient Kashmir, ed. Sir George Grierson and Lionel D. Barnett, (London: The Royal Asiatic Society, 1920)
- Laldyada, 14th cent, Lal Ded : her life & sayings translated by Nil Kanth Kotru. Srinagar, Kashmir : Utpal Publications, 1989.LC Call No.: PK7035.L3A6 1989 Dewey No.: 891/.499 20 ISBN: 8185217025 : Rs100.00
- Women in Praise of the Sacred, ed. by Jane Hirshfield. This wonderful anthology contains several English translations of Lal Ded. 1994: HarperCollins Publishers ISBN 0-06-016987-7 , ISBN 0-06-092576-0 (pbk.) L.C. Call No. PN6109.9 W65 1994 Dewey 808.81 '9382 - dc20
- The Library of Congress Catalogs will yield more titles.